About this property
Cottenham is a well-served village situated about 6 miles north of Cambridge and about 4 miles from access onto the A14, which in turn links to the M11 and M1. The village offers a wide variety of local amenities including playgroup, primary and secondary schooling, selection of local shops, dentist and doctor's surgery.
The site is well placed for access to the village and enjoys a mature wooded setting offering a good degree of seclusion, to the rear of 354 High Street, Cottenham. The access to the site is via Ellis Close, just off the High Street and near the village green.
Outline planning consent (Ref: S/0582/18/OL) was granted by South Cambridgeshire District Council on the 11th April 2018 for the erection of two detached 1 ½ storey (rising to 2 storey) homes if around 1900 sq. ft, (180 sq m) with associated access. The mature setting offers a green backdrop to the site and once developed will create a truly unique scheme, tucked away in a peaceful village setting. The plans have been carefully considered to ensure that the properties do not overlook the neighbouring homes, whilst ensuring they offer practical sized accommodation to meet modern day needs.
The access to the site is to the side of 13 Ellis Close and will involve the removal of the existing garage and side porch which will be the responsibility of the purchasers. The land being offered is outlined in red on the proposed site plan.
Note: 13 Ellis Close is also available to purchase by separate negotiation should this be of interest and consent has also been granted for an extension to the rear of the bungalow with associated works.
We have studied the approved drawings for the three dwellings and believe the site once developed is likely to have a GDV in the region of £1,350,000 to £1,400,000, subject to specification and design. Please contact Oliver Hughes (01223 819333) or Kelly Vaughan (01223 919014) / firstname.lastname@example.org
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS / HEADS OF TERMS
1) The purchaser is responsible for securing the approval of all reserved matters together with the discharge of any planning conditions
2) The purchaser is responsible for the demolition of the existing single garage and side porch to No.13 Ellis Close and all remedial works.
3) The site is being sold on an unconditional basis
4) The current owner intends to place a restrictive covenant on the site to restrict it to not more than two additional dwellings (three including 13 Ellis Close)
4) There will be a restrictive covenant placed on the site to restrict any first floor windows facing toward 354 High Street, Cottenham (edged blue on the attached location plan).
5) All plans need to be approved by the vendors of 354 High Street, Cottenham prior to
submission. They will not unreasonably withhold consent.
6) The purchaser will be responsible, at their own cost, for creating the new shared access and visibility splays, along with associated driveway for the new dwellings as set out in the consent.
7) The purchaser will erect a 1.8m close boarded fence between points A, B and C (see attached plans) within three months from completion of purchase at their own cost.
8) Once detailed consent is granted the purchaser will: a) discharge the pre-commencement conditions within 6 months, b) commence the development within 3 months of discharging
the final condition, c) complete all external works on the development within 18 months from commencement.
9) 354 High Street Cottenham will retain a right of access across the first section of the driveway, as far as point 'A' (see attached plans), to allow both pedestrian and vehicular access (The purchaser of the site will bare all costs of construction of the accessway).
10) All building work must comply with the tree survey in respect of root zones, to protect the trees that will remain between the site and 354 High Street, Cottenham.